Home  Questions and Answers for Family Immigration  |   Facebook  Twitter

How to Apply for the U.S. Green Card as Fiancée of U.S. Citizen?


I am currently in U.S. with K-1 visa, how to apply for the U.S. Green Card as Fiancée of U.S. Citizen?


U.S. immigration law allows a U.S. citizen to petition for a alien fiancé(e) to obtain a K-1 nonimmigrant visa to travel to the United States and seek admission. Within 90 days after being admitted as a K-1 nonimmigrant, the alien must enter into a marriage with the U.S. citizen who filed the Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), on the K-1 nonimmigrant behalf.

After being admitted to the United States as a K-1 nonimmigrant and marrying the U.S. citizen petitioner within 90 days, the alien spouse can apply for U.S. permanent resident status in the United States.

To apply for lawful permanent resident status based on their admission as a K-1 nonimmigrant, the alien spouce should marriage within 90 days to their U.S. citizen petitioner. Thereafter, the
K-1 nonimmigrant can apply for “adjustment of status”, with Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.




For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com