Home  Questions and Answers for Family Immigration  |   Facebook  Twitter

How Could I Apply for My Brother's Immigration into U.S.?


I am a U.S. citizen, my brother is in India. How could I apply for my brother's immigration into U.S.? and how long it may take?


For a U.S. citizen with brothers or sisters in their home country, the U.S. citizen has the right to apply for immigrant visa for the brothers or sisters to come to United States to live and work, in the status of lawful permanent residence or Green Card, along with their spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21.

To apply for immigration visa for brothers or sisters, the U.S. citizen must be 21 years of age or older, and should be able to guarantee that the sibling and their family will be financially supported in the U.S. by the U.S. citizen, not require any government assistance.

U.S. citizen's brothers or sisters immigration is in the family-based fourth preference (F4) category, which is the slowest immigration category. After starting the immigration process by filing an immigration visa petition on USCIS Form I-130, the U.S. citizen's brothers or sisters will be placed on the waiting list for an immigrant visa.

The immigrant visa waiting time is very long, may be more than 10 years for some countries, such as Mexico, India, China, and Philippine. After the waiting time is over, getting the actual immigrant visa and green card can take another several months.




For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com