Home  Questions and Answers for Family Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

How to Start a Procese to Bring My Fiancé into the United States


My fiancé is in another country, how to start a procese to bring him into the United States.


Many immigrants come to U.S. in pursuit of the American dream, and will get their green cards first before starting the process of sponsoring their 
fiancé. It it usually less expensive and easier to do it this way, versus bringing everyone over all at once.

There is no predetermined time for a U.S. citizen to sponsor a 
fiancé. It depends on the fiancé’s current place of residence or immigration status or history. If your fiancé resides with you in U.S, and entered the country legally, he may already be eligible to adjust their status in the U.S. However, if your fiancé entered the U.S. illegally, they might have to go abroad through the consular process.

If you are living in the U.S. and you plan to marry an immigrant from another country, it could take six months or longer for a fiancé visa (K-1 visa) and another three to six months or longer to get a U.S. green card.

The United States citizen must file a Form I-129F visa petition (K-1 visa petition) - Petition for Alien Fiancé, to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). After the
Form I-129F petition, the immigrant must submit their visa application form online and attend an interview at a local U.S. consulate. After the interview, the fiancé will know if it has been approved for a fiancé visa to enter the United States. The immigrant will then have 90 days in the U.S. to get married and apply for a green card at a local USCIS office.




For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com