Home  Questions and Answers for Family Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

The Overseas Adjudication of I-130 Petition


As a U.S. citizen living outside the United States, can I file Form I-130 at an American Consulate for my spouses and children?


Currently, petitioners living outside the United States may file a Form I-130 with and have the petition adjudicated by a USCIS field office or American Consulate overseas. USCIS is reviewing options to have all Forms I-130 adjudicated domestically. 

Until now, this procedure has been considered a short-cut immigration process for the spouses and children of U.S. citizens who are considered residents in foreign country in that they could complete I-130 petition and immigrant visa application process fairly in a short period of time through the American Consulates in those countries.




For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com