Home  Questions and Answers for Family Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

What Is the Necessary Process for Me to Enter the U.S. to Marry a U.S. Citizen?


I live outside the United States, and will marry a U.S. citizen husband soon. What is the necessary process for me to enter the U.S. to marry a U.S. citizen? How could I get this kind of visa to enter U.S.?


The U.S. citizen must file a fiancé/fiancée visa application (K-1 visa application) using Form I-129F, with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If the K-1 visa application is approves by USCIS, the USCIS will forward the approved application documents to a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. Then U.S. embassy or consulate will then contact the alien beneficiary with information and eventually schedule an interview for a fiancé/fiancée visa.

After the interview and issue of the K-1 visa, the the alien beneficiary has 90 days from entry into the U.S. to marry the U.S. citizen. The alien fiancé/fiancée must leave U.S. within this time if he or she does not want to marry the U.S. citizen.




For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com