Home  Questions and Answers for Family Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

What is the Application Process to Get an Immigrant Visa for a Brother of a U.S. Citizen?


I am a U.S. citizen, and will apply for immigrant visa for my brother. What is the application process to get an immigrant visa for a brother of a U.S. citizen?


To start the immigrant visa application process for U.S. citizen's brother or sister, the U.S. citizen will need to file an immigrant visa petition using USCIS Form I-130, with the proof of U.S. citizenship and the proof of siblings. Other evidence includes both person's birth certificate and showing at least one parent in common.

If the U.S. citizen and his/her brother or sister are related only through a father with different mother, U.S. citizen will also need the father's marriage certificate from his marriage to U.S. citizen's mother, and the one from his marriage to his/her sibling's mother.




For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com