Home  Questions and Answers for Family Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

The Form I-134 as the Affidavit of Support for K-1 Visa Application


I want to apply K-1 visa for my fiancée to come U.S. for us to get married. Do I need to file form I-134 as the Affidavit of Support? and how to prepare the financial documentation?


After filing the USCIS Form I-129F for an K-1 fiancée visa, the U.S. citizen should begin to consider to file the form I-134, which is needed once the Form I-129F petition reaches the U.S. embassy in the foreign fiancée's home country. 

To prepare the USCIS Form I-134, U.S. citizen should contact the bank or other financial institutions, and request information on their procedures to provide the financial documentation required by the Form I-134. For some cases, people may be surprised that gathering the required bank or other financial documentation from them is not simply an office visit, and may require several weeks for them to mail the requested documents and forms.




For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com