Home  Questions and Answers for Family Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

Immigrant Visa Application for U.S. Permanent Resident's Wife


Recently I married a U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) in my country. Please let me know how could I get U.S. immigrant visa to enter U.S. as a permanent resident?


First, your husband needs to file Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative for you. This petition should be filed accompanied by proof of your marriage, and the USCIS must approve the immigrant visa petition.

Then, the U.S. Department of State must determine if an immigrant visa number is immediately available to you as the foreign national. You can check the status of an immigrant visa number in the U.S. Department of State’s Visa Bulletin. 

When an immigrant visa number becomes available for you, you should go to the U.S. consulate servicing the area in which you reside to complete your processing. Your husband should prove that he can support you at 125% above the mandated poverty line.




For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com