Home  Questions and Answers for Family Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

Can I Marry with an Illegal Immigrant as If I Was Marrying a U.S. Citizen?


My boyfriend and father of my child is an illegal immigrant. He came to U.S. by crossing the boarder. We want to get married, but are not sure exactly how to go about it. Can we get married just as if I was marrying a U.S. citizen? And if so, what papers would we have to file afterwards to get him started on a work visa and Green Card?


You can marry your boyfriend in U.S. When you both go apply for your marriage license, and the city/town officers ask him for his SSN, just tell them that he does not have one. 

After you get married you can file the Green Card application paper work by yourself or go through an immigration lawyer. They can be expense, you just have to find one that has a reasonable price. Most of them will meet with you and your husband for a free consultation. 




For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com