Home  Questions and Answers for Family Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

Can I Adjust My Status to Receive Green Card in United States?


I have a minor criminal record in U.S., does this mean that I cannot adjust my status to receive Green Card in the United States?


According to INA Section 212(a) for the admissibility requirements, some immigrants cannot adjust their status to receive Green Card in the United States. But the U.S. immigration law also provide waivers for some of the categories. 

The five major grounds for some immigrants not be able to adjust their status in the United States include:

1) Criminal Inadmissibility;

2) Health-Related of Inadmissibility, 

3) Security of Inadmissibility;

4) Immigration violation;

5) Public Charge.




For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com