Home  Questions and Answers for Family Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

Can My Wife Come to the U.S. to Live While Her Immigrant Visa Petition Is Pending?


I am a US citizen and just married a lady in foreign country. Can my wife come to the U.S. to live while her immigrant visa petition is pending?


Since you are a U.S. citizen, once you file Form I-130, your spouse is eligible to apply for a nonimmigrant K-3 Visa. This will entitle her to come to the U.S. to live and work while the visa petition is pending. The Form to file for this benefit is Form I-129F. 

It is not necessary for your wife to obtain a K-3 visa in order to come to the U.S. to live and work. Your spouse may wait abroad for immigrant visa processing. However, seeking a K-3 visa can be a method for her to come to the U.S. more quickly.




For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com