Home  Questions and Answers for Family Immigration  |   Facebook  Twitter

Can I Travel outside U.S. After I File for Form I-130 for My Immigration?


I am a F-1 international student. I just marred to a US citizen, and will start the OPT soon. Can I travel to my home country to see my parent, after I file Form I-130 for my immigration?


One of the problem with a student applying for a Green Card is that traveling could become an issue, because if CBP stops you at the border they could say that her student status is questionable since you has immigrant intent.

You could have the same problem if you is married and has applied for a Green Card when you tries to go for the OPT. So keep these things in mind, you may want to apply for marriage, and file the application of USCIS form I-130, and not travel outside US until the Green Card is actually in hand.




For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com