Home  Do-It-Yourself Packages and Testimonials/Emails  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

Year 2019 - Emails from Customers for Questions
and Comments on Our Do-It-Yourself Packages and Services

***** Email from Belinda on 12/25/2019

Customer Service:

I  would like to purchase your Complete Do-It-Yourself package for package U.S. Citizen's daughter. 

I am a U.S. Citizen. I want to apply for my daughter's residency here in the U.S. I would really appreciate it if you can send me the application and tell me the processes involved. Also, I would like to know how long (approx.) it will take for for my application to be processed.

Thank you for taking time out from your busy schedule to help me. Thank You.

***** Email from KongKrit on 12/8/2019


I am currently working under H1B and recently got married to a US citizen. I have two questions regarding the green card application process. 

1. Do I just follow the "Green Card Application for US Citizen's Spouse" or are there additional procedures required for switching the status from H1B to permanent residence? (If yes, please specify process, forms etc)

2. At what point in the application process can I quit my job? 

I want to purchase your Complete Do-It-Yourself package for US Citizen's Spouse.

Thank you for your help in advance!

***** Email from Kavi on 11/17/2019

Dear Sirs, 

I hope you can help, as I'm getting very stressed about this now.

In April, I flew into Orlando international airport, and departed via the same airport, in may. Due to an oversight, myself and members of my family, forgot to hand in our I-94 green visa cards back in on departure. Having checked with my mum, she confirms that she does not have the green cards any longer, nor our departure boarding cards. She has the boarding cards from our flight TO the USA, but not FROM the USA. She thinks that she would have sent them off as advised, but cannot remember that far back. 

Having spoken to the US Embassy in London, UK, they advise that I will need to send copies of relevant documentation proving I have been in the UK since this. Before I go down this route, is there anyone I can email or ring to confirm if my departure has been correctly submitted?

Please help me. Sorry to ask you this question. Thank you for your time. 

Looking forward to your reply soon.

***** Email from Susan on 10/11/2019

Good afternoon,

I am wondering if you would be able to help me out with this question. I am a Canadian Citizen who is wanting to marry an American Citizen...here is my problem

Back then, I was in a little bit of trouble with the law here in Canada. I had to go to court but the court dropped my case, as it was so minor, and I do not have a criminal record in the Canadian data base. The way that the Canadian system works, it will not show on my Canadian background check if i request one, but it would be accessible to the United States Customs, for a period of 3 years, once that three years is up, the complete history of that conviction is destroyed, and can not be traced by anyone.

The big question is...will this give me any problems of Marrying a US citizen and be able to live and work in the United States? I have read many different answers on this and am quite confused.

Please if you can please help me out with this question. I am a good citizen who has not been in trouble since that day, and will never anything against the law in the future.

Thank you very much for your help! We really appreciate the information you posted on the web site. It may have helped thousands of people like us. Thank you again for the good work!


***** Email from Shuhua on 10/2/2019


Thank you for the service you provide. Your web site has always been a help to me. I have a question about my green card application. 

My husband has sponsored me for a green card. We got the interview in September; our case was approved, but we were told it is contingent on a background check by the FBI. This should take about 6 wks. 

Now, I have to leave the US to defend my PhD. If I leave, I was told the green card application would be canceled. According to the processing times, it seems too late to get an advance parole... But I am not sure I need it anyway: Can't I travel on my H1b (providing I keep that job all along that absence abroad), without affecting the green card process ? 

Thank you a lot in advance, This is so confusing ! 

***** Email from Julio on 9/23/2019

Customer Service:

I am a bit confused, getting different replies to my question of "I married my wife here in the States, she was here out of status for about 4 months, overstayed here B2 visa" one reply said i can apply for her green card via I 130 and I 485 application and she will not have to leave.

Second reply they say, she is here illegally and I can not apply for her green card, and she will be deported. I am a US citizen by birth, and I need a clear correct answer to this question.

Thank you so much for your timely reply! This helps a lot in how to proceed, have a great rest of the week.

***** Email from Julio on 9/10/2019

Customer Service:

I  would like to purchase your Complete Do-It-Yourself package for package U.S. Citizen's daughter.

I am a U.S. Citizen. I want to apply for my daughter's residency here in the U.S. I would really appreciate it if you can send me the application and tell me the processes involved. Also, I would like to know how long (approx.) it will take for for my application to be processed.

Thank you for taking time out from your busy schedule to help me. Thank You.

***** Email from Linares on 8/21/2019


I am really impressed with the immigration information available on your website, and your help extended to the people like us. 

I have my immigration processed through employment, but while that is going on I also got married to a green card holder, and am wondering if I can apply for a green card through my husband as well. 

Will that interfere with my other application? (My employment application is in Labor Certification stage, documents sent in, and is now awaiting approval)
Thank you, and look forward hearing from you.

***** Email from Zhang on 8/13/2019

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your previous information. Thank you very much, it is very helpful!

I believe my situation is more complicated, I was married to my spouse twice, we had the first interview and as a result my spouse was granted the two year temp. green card, we had differences because I believed that our marriage only existed because my spouse wanted the green card, so we ended up divorcing but we remained living together a couple of months later my spouse asked me be wed again, trying to convince me that it was done purely out of love, so the fool I was, we wedded again, after a short while our differences resulted in our separation.

Is there anything I can do to prevent my spouse from obtaining the green card? or would I just have to wait it out till my spouse got the green card and hopefully then he would peacefully grant me my divorce because I wouldn't be of any use anymore?

Thanking you for your time.

***** Email from Deehan on 8/2/2019


I want to apply for Green Card for my girlfriend, by using your Complete Do-It-Yourself Package of Green Card Application for U.S. Citizen's Spouse,

I'm a U.S. born citizen living in the U.S..  My  girlfriend is F1 visa student and is here on a student visa for 4 months. What are our options for her to obtain a green card to stay in the U.S.?

Also, we are planning on getting married, however we want to do everything legally. Are we able to get married while she's here and then file for her green card or will she need to go back to her home country first then return? We are not 100% sure on procedures.

If you can answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated. 

***** Email from Yishang on 7/26/2019

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I checked your web site, it is very attractive to me. My fiance and I are both working in the USA as researchers under H1B visas. My fiance plans to apply for the EB2 NIW green card very soon by sending the I-140 jointly with the I-485 forms.

We plan to get married sometime next year in our home country. How does it work for me regarding his EB2 application once we are married? Could I also apply for the green card as "his spouse" after our marriage? 

How should we process in case his application is still not approved when we get married or on the other side how should we process if his case is already approved when we get married.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Yours Sincerely,

***** Email from Farkas on 7/17/2019

Dear Sir:

You have a great web site here helping people with their questions. I have a question that I am wondering if you could answer for me.

I am a US citizen and would like to apply for  green card for my sister. My sister has 10 year tourist visa. With a wait of about 10 - 11 years, would my sister be allowed to visit the US? In my situation, can I order your Complete Do-It-Yourself Package of Green Card Application for U.S. Citizen's Brother or Sister?

If you could answer this question I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your help.

***** Email from Pahuja on 7/4/2019

Hi, Customer Help:

I found your web site extremely helpful. I am a green card holder. I am going to get married soon. I want to apply for green card for my new husband. If I file I-130 first, how long does it take to be approved? Given the current Visa Bulletin, does it mean I can not file I-485 even if the I-130 is approved?

His L1 visa will expire in 7 months and he can't get a new L1/H1 without leaving US for a year. How can I get him a work permit sooner?

Thank you so much!

***** Email from Paiboon on 6/22/2019

Your web site about marriage Green Card is very helpful, and I am interested in ordering "Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for US citizen spouse". I have read your FAQs and I have a few questions. Hopefully your answers will help me decide the best course of action. 

My situation is this: I am a U.S. citizen with permanent residency in another country. However, my American mother is elderly and ailing and I must remain with her in the U.S. for the foreseeable future. I wish to marry a Turkish citizen. He is in Turkey now. We are in a hurry to marry, and we ARE eager to be together again as quickly as possible and not have to separate due to visa requirements. 

What is our best strategy for allowing him to join me in the U.S. for the winter and each following winter, and get permanent residency in the U.S.

I will be most appreciative if you can clarify answers to these questions.

***** Email from Yzhen on 6/11/2019

Hello Sir or Madam,

I want to thank you for your very useful website. I am writing in behalf of my father who has a question.

My father is currently a permanent resident who holds a green card. He applied to petition my brother about 7 years ago. And the petition is processing as of now. But the problem is my father is applying to be a US citizen and he wants to know if changing his status will complicate the process of my brother's petition. 

Recently my father learned that petitioning with a green card is faster than petitioning as a US citizen. But that information alone has gotten him no where with his problem. 

Please help as much as you can. Thank you.

***** Email from Sabatiro on 6/8/2019

Dear GreenCardFamily,

I was searching the web and found your site, excellent site very helpful.

I have a question that I could not find in your site. I am a US citizen and my mom came to visited me 8 months ago, she did not want to leave the country on time.

Now i am in trouble, I do not what to do, can she stay and I can apply for a green card for her? she needs to leave and apply after, if she does that, she may not able to come back, please give me a little advice.

I want to buy your Complete Do-It-Yourself Package of Green Card Application for U.S. Citizen's parent. Do you think it will help me?

Thanks a lot in advance.

***** Email from Anja on 5/23/2019

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a German citizen and live currently in Germany. I have a boyfriend that comes from Australia and currently lives in Sydney. We have been together for 3 years now and have been thinking about moving to a country together. But recently we have encountered a big problem. We both want to move to the US at one point in our lives, but this point in our life has come very soon. 

He just recently won the Green Card Lottery. He was asked to go to the consulate and sign his papers and now he has to immigrate into the US within the next 6 months. I really would like to be with him in the United States, but I have heard that if I marry him one day after he has gone to the US and has his green card, the waiting period can take up to 5 years. 

This is a very long time to wait and since he is still in Australia and has not entered the US and thus does not have his Green Card yet, is it possible for me to marry him now and obtain a Green Card through him before he leaves to go to the States, since when you win the Green Card Lottery you are allowed to bring your spouse?! Is there any way for me to be with him in the United States?

Thank you very much for the Complete Do-It-Yourself Package. Thank you very much for your help! It is much appreciated!


***** Email from Tony on 5/14/2019

Dear Sir:

I am engaged to marry a woman here in the U.S. that has very recently had her visa expire. She is as a result now an illegal as is her 7 year old daughter as well. 

I intend to marry her later this year and also want to be sure to have her daughter become legal as well. What forms do I need to buy from your D-I-Y service and will they enable me to help her to get a green card, working papers etc.? 

Please note as American born, I have no experience with this kind of thing.

I appreciate your assistance.


***** Email from Rudan on 5/5/2019


I am really in a state of Confusion, Don't Know what step should I take as I saw the dates are current and My I-140 was already approved a year ago, I have to apply for 1-485.

Due to some family reasons I will be getting married next year June, but I want to file I-485 soon also. I want to know how could my marriage impact the I-485 process? and how could my wife join the I-485 application? 

How much time it will take if I file I485 now? As my I140 is already approved how long I can wait or is there any time limits that I need to apply for I485 with the dates are current? Is it good to wait for 1 year on H-1B visa and to apply after getting married? I want to ask much but I am confused...

Thank you for your help.

***** Email from Patricia on 5/5/2019


Your web site is very helpful. I am US citizen, planning to file 1-130 for my sister who is a Chinese citizen. She has a daughter of 17 years old. I have two questions:

1) Will my petition stop my niece from getting a student visa?

2) Will my petition stop my sister from getting a tourist visa while she is waiting for the I-130?

Thank you very much.

***** Email from Tina on 4/25/2019

Dear Sir,

I found your web site helpful. I have a question, maybe you can answer and help me understand my husband's situation. My husband came to us with a J1 visa with 2 yr residency rule. He's been in states for almost 6 years now and is right now out of status. He's been out of status for 4 years now.

My question is does the 2 yr residency apply to him now since he is not on the status no more.  I am an American citizen and we have a little girl too, and he wants to file for Green Card, but he is scared to file thinking he could be deported.

I read your articles and would really appreciate it if you would help me out...

***** Email from MacKay on 4/12/2019


I am a U.S. citizen, and my husband of almost 3 years is a Canadian citizen. He maintains his permanent residence in Canada and I mine in the U.S. Since he travels extensively in the U.S. with his business (he is self-employed in sales of custom manufactured safety equipment), this arrangement works very well for us. However, because of the frequency of his trips to the States, he has been told by U.S. Immigration in Winnipeg that he needs to get a U.S. green card. 

We were under the impression that a green card was not required, since he neither employed by nor paid directly by U.S. companies. His company comes under the umbrella of another Canadian company, which pays his company for products sold.

If it is true that he needs a green card, what is the fastest way to get this accomplished? What form do I need to complete? He is not interested in U.S. citizenship, and he wants to maintain his permanent residence in Canada so that he does not lose his health benefits. He rarely stays in either the U.S. or Canada more than 3 weeks at a time. 

A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

***** Email from Robert on 4/12/2019

Dear Sir,

I am a natural born citizen that is presently married to a Brazilian born woman. We have a child and she has been a stay at home mom for over 10 months. Now that she is ready do work we need to apply for her to get her green card. I have been to numerous sites that have the kits but wanted to utilize a site that allows you to fill out the paper work online and send it in, also I want someone to proofread it and ensure that its properly filled out and free from errors. 

Can you help me to allow me to fill out the paper work online (being typed) and one that will proofread the paperwork for a fee? Or is this a service your site provides? Please advise. Thanks again! 


***** Email from Emtguy on 4/1/2019


I've been married to my spouse for almost two years now, but things arent working out the way we thought it would, when we wed I agreed to file for a green card for my spouse, but as of today I have a change of mind due to our differences.

My spouse refuse to sign the divorce papers because he wants me to file for a divorce because his lawyer said that if I was the one to file my spouse would still be able to continue the filing process for his green card. Is there a way to terminate the green card filing process because I strongly feel that he shouldn't be granted the green card and be allowed to reside in the U.S. Is there a number I could call for further questions?


***** Email from Daniel on 3/16/2019

Dear Helpdesk, 

I want to buy the Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for US citizen's spouse. I am living in the US with a H1B visa, the visa will expire in 2 years. I am getting married to an American citizen, we are expecting a baby soon. I am not sure if I want to keep the job I have at the moment. 

Can I change my status into a Green Card? how will the Green Card work if I change jobs? how long does the Green Card last for? what would happen if I become unemployed for a short amount of time under a green card? How long does it take to change the H1B into my status after getting married? 

I appreciate your help. 

***** Email from Kim on 3/7/2019

Dear Sir, 

I came through your web site and I got interested in your service and do-it-yourself packages. A good friend of mine has asked me to be her sponsor for getting her green card. She is from Japan and has lived her for 30yrs. Her daughter just turned 21 but doesn't make enough money to sponsor her as she is in college. I would like to know if I will be completely responsible for her financially if something happens and she can't pay her bills, health or whatever. 

I cannot find anything on this subject on the internet, but I did find you! This is a sad situation... she has raised two kids in a NY studio with a sick husband who has now returned to Japan. Her son is mentally ill and she works full time as a waitress and tries to care for him.

I've known her since college and will try to do anything I can to help her. She just wants to go back to Japan to see her Mom but is afraid she won't be able to come back. Can you help and advise me please? She is a wonderful lady and deserves a happy ending to her life! 


***** Email from Miao on 2/24/2019

Hello Sir or Madam,

Thank you very much for the Complete Do-It-Yourself Package and answering my previous questions. I have following questions regarding Petition for Alien Relative (Parents):

1) Which form(s) needed to apply petition for Parents immigration? Is it only I-130 or combination of others?

2) Which affidavit of support I-134 or I-864 (under section 213A) required with petition? Is separate affidavit required for each Parent?

3) If Parents are in US on visit visas, would it be the same procedure such as, filling I-130 etc or should it be different?

4) Is Form I-864 required after filling I-130? How long does it normally take after you send the I-130 for a visa to be issued? Is there anything else we have to do to follow up? 

I would appreciate if you answer all these questions in detail.


***** Email from Joram on 2/13/2019

Dear Sir:

Your web site about family immigration is very helpful for people like me, and I want to order the Do It Yourself immigration application package from you. 

I am a British Citizen resident in Italy. My Mother is a United states permanent resident with a UK passport and widow to a US Citizen. I have a step brother and sister that are US born Citizens.

My Mom thinks that I have a right to obtain a permanent residency card ( green card ). I need some info on what my chances are of obtaining a green card and what the process to obtain the card are. I currently live and work in Italy , but I would like to have the possibility also to work in the states to be nearer my Mom and family. 

I would be grateful for any info you are able to supply me with.

Many Thanks in advance.

***** Email from Jay on 2/7/2019


My friend referred to your website, for his successful in getting I-130 approved by using your DIY package. I would like to order your DIY Immigrant package for US citizen's wife Green Card application.

My fiancée will be arriving into the country on a k-1 visa next month. How soon after she arrives can we file for her green card? How long can we expert the application process to take?

Thank you in advance.

***** Email from Domien on 1/22/2019

Dear Helpdesk:

Your web site and DIY packages are very helpful about immigration matters we have. Thank you in advance for your help. 

I am about to marry a U.S. citizen. I am a UK citizen here in the U.S. on a student visa (still valid). My question is: After we marry, can we file the I-130 petition, the I-485 and also the EAD I 765 at the same time?

Question 2. We plan to marry in August and we would like to visit family in the UK in December. When do we apply for advance parole, and do you expect that if we file it as soon as we get married, that we will be able to leave the country in December?

Thanks again

***** Email from Russ on 1/17/2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

I found your web site and service is very powerful and helpful.

I have been married to my wife for almost 16 years now. She is an American citizen with landed immigrant status here in Canada. We were married in Canada as well. We have 3 kids and are looking at moving to US to be closer to my wife's family. What type of Visa do I need to apply for? How long will it take? How much will it cost?

Please advise. Thanks very much.

***** Email from Nadarajah on 1/8/2019

Dear Sir,

First of all, I want to thank you for your very useful website!

I am a physician who came to the US on a J1 visa. After completion of  my residency I decided to stay and work in the US because returning to Kuwait (place of last residence) was not an option.

As a German citizen, I traveled in and out of the US numerous times (formal visa not required), until I married a US citizen.I have not left the country since. Have three children at present. I have been working as a physician, paying taxes all along . I have a valid  soc sec. #, which makes no mention of any restrictions.

How do I go about becoming a permanent resident? Do I still need a j1 waver after all these years, even though I have been going in and out as a tourist? Could I face the possibility of being denied entry for many years because I overstayed?

I thank you in advance for considering my unusual and complicated situation.


***** Email from Yanghe on 1/2/2019

Dr. Sir:

I am considering to apply for Green Card for my mother, using your Complete Do-It-Yourself Package. But I have several concerns and hope to get your advice.

I am a US citizen residing in SF bay area. I would like to file green card application for my mother (family-based immigration). who currently resides in Hong Kong (HK). I heard I can apply for her when she is in HK or she can come to US first on her tourist visa and I can apply for her from US. 

My questions are: what is the main difference to apply for her from HK or US? What is the expected time needed? Is apply from US faster? Is it true she cannot travel between HK and US while the application is in process. 

I would very much appreciate your input on these questions.

Thank you for your help.

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com