Home  Do-It-Yourself Packages and Testimonials/Emails  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

Year 2017 - Emails from Customers for Questions
and Comments on Our Do-It-Yourself Packages and Services

***** Email from Shetty on 12/24/2017

Dear HelpDesk:

Thank you for your answer! I am glad to see your web site helping other immigrants like me.

Here is my case: I-130 Petition filed under F2B Category (Unmarried sons and daughters of Permanent Resident) by my mother; Visa petition(I-797C) being approved; I got married before mother became citizen; Mother became citizen; I am on H1b visa 

My questions are: Can I file I-485? if Yes, can I add my spouse name to I-485? What would be my category F2B or F3? 

Thank you very much.

***** Email from Ramani on 12/12/2017


I want to buy the Complete Do-It-Yourself Package of Green Card Application for U.S. Citizen's Spouse. I’m holding a H1 visa now and just married to a US citizen. I understand that the US Citizen Spouse need to fill out the Form-I-130, G-325A and I-864. The Alien spouse will fill up the I-485, and I-765. Here’s my questions : 

Should I file the I-485 and I-765 simultaneously with I-130? Or should we wait until we get the approval of I-130? When should I file for I-864? When should I do the medical examination? 

Please kindly advice .


***** Email from WeiYing on 11/14/2017


I visited your website. Great website! Good work!

My parents got denied from the consulate in China last year. That is why I search what I need to re-do for them just a short visit this year. Last year I did not search what I should to do instead found the US consulate website, and filled the form. I thought that was all. I guess I need:

1) Invite letter, which I did not prepare last time.

2) Financial support: can I just show a bank checking account with under $20,000? Last year I showed some certification from Bank.

3) I'll send them my passport or citizenship copy. Last year, I did not send any of these files. I thought they, like FBI, would know who I were. Very stupid I am, right?

4) My parents should show their houses properties, which they did not show last time also.

I'll definitely use your service to apply green card for someone...

Thank you very much!!!

***** Email from Raghavin on 10/22/2017

Dear HelpDesk:

You have helped me in the past by answering my questions. Your answer/suggestion really helped me to plan for the future accordingly.

I entered in the US almost 5 years ago with a J1 visa. I have worked, pay my taxes, and I will get married soon with an US citizen, also she will be my sponsor. What forms do I need to fill out first, and how long will take to get the alien number?

I looked over the USCIS official website, but it gets a little confusing. 

Thank you in advance for your time.


***** Email from Gowda on 10/4/2017

Dear Service,

It is really great see your service and DIY packages.

I am a South African in the USA on a H2B visa. I am currently in a serious relationship with an American man. My plans are to go back to South Africa for Christmas (my fiancee will be visiting me during the period to meet my family) and then I plan on returning to the USA in April. 

I do not want to return on a H2B or any other work permit visa as we are not planning on staying in the USA for very long after our wedding. My questions are: Do we need any paperwork for example; joint bank account statements, bills in both our names, proof that we are in a real relationship (letters, pictures) etc? (We are not currently living together) Will I be able to work in the USA legally after our wedding?

I am gratefull for any information you can provide as I am finding it very hard to get the right answers to my questions.

Kind regards

***** Email from Young on 9/17/2017

Hello! Sir or Madam:

I am a green card holder who is applying for the U.S. citizenship this year. My son has serviced in the U.S. Army for 5 years, and he is a U.S. citizen. 

I am trying to bring my parents (both are around 70 years old) from South Korea and another son from South Korea, and I want to find out how I can apply for them to receive green cards to live like Americans in the U.S. Please give me some advises concerning about this issue and your Do-It-Yourself Package for Parents. 

Thank you so much for your concern and kindness and will wait for your response.


***** Email from Miroslav on 8/28/2017

Dear Sir:

Thank you in advance for your help.

I am about to marry a U.S. citizen. I am a UK citizen here in the U.S. on a student visa (still valid). My question is: After we marry, can we file the I-130 petition, the I-485 and also the EAD I-765 at the same time?

We plan to marry in August and we would like to visit family in the UK in December. When do we apply for advance parole, and do you expect that if we file it as soon as we get married, that we will be able to leave the country in December?

Thanks again.

***** Email from Alexej on 7/13/2017

Dear Sir:

I am currently participating an internship program for 18 months. I have got a 2-year home country residency requirement since my internship is matched my home country's skilled list. 

My situation at the moment is that I have my waiver status on pending while waiting for the home country's government to send the "No Objection Letter" back to me. My Visa will be expired by September 16 this year and I am going to get married in October.

I am afraid that I will have a problem later on with the immigration though I know that I can still marry and stay in the country while the status is on pending. However, my most concern is that this 2-year rule will stop my right to get the green card.

I really need advice and help since my time is running out. Please e-mail me and let me know if you could help me file a green card through marriage while my J-1 waiver is on the pending status. Please also quote the legal fees that will occur during the procedure.


***** Email from Nitin on 7/9/2017

Dear HelpDesk:

A relative filed status change for my family and I under I-130 which has been approved and the next step for the process is to apply for I-485. My question is:

1) how do I obtain that petition? Am I suppose to wait for the USCIS to tell me when to submit form I-485 or get it myself from USCIS and carry on? 

2) I am turning 21 in Mid August ... am I going to be eligible for status change, since the approval came when I was 18. 

I am really confused and i will really appreciate if you can shine some light on this matter. 

Thank you.

***** Email from Yiotis on 6/29/2017

Dear Sir,

I am helping one of my friend's family. Please help me. I am willing to pay for your service and the DIY packages. This is the situation:

My friend's wife acquired green card in the U.S. She went back to her country and married. She thought she would not come back to the U.S. so she did not renew her green card. My friend's family changed their mind and tried to come to the U.S.

When they went the U.S. consulate for the US entry visa (travel visa) she signed "Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status". Due to her poor English she did not understand what that was but just signed as Consulate officer ask to do.

Here are my questions: Is it possible to renew the green card?  In my opinion, they may try other legal visa status, (ex, student visa, working visa and so on) What is your suggestion? 

Please help us.

***** Email from Dosan on 6/18/2017

Dear Sir/Madam, 

Thank you very much for the Complete Do-It-Yourself Package and answering my previous questions. I have two cases, one an F2B (U.S. Resident Father) and an F4 case (a brother who is a U.S. Citizen). I followed through with the F2B case and received my Green Card, and I received the papers for the F4 case. My two questions are: 

1- If I get married to somebody who is not a U.S. resident, do I benefit my spouse (by giving her residency) under the F4 case, just like my sisters are doing now WITH THEIR SPOUSES AND CHILDREN? 

2- When will the F4 case expire? How long can I wait before making any action if the answer to question one is yes, I can benefit my wife under the F4 case?


***** Email from Glenn on 6/6/2017

Dear Sir:

I am a native-born US citizen studying, and my fiancee is also currently studying in the US on an F1 visa. However, are not at the same location i.e. state, residence. 

What are my options as to obtaining an Adjustment of Status? Her F1 visa will expire May of next year, and any other pertinent information is readily available.

Your reply and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

***** Email from Mechalle on 5/28/2017

Help Desk,

I visited your web site, and the list in a "Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for K-1 visa", I believe it is very helpful. I am a naturalized citizen, and my fiancé of several years and I are planning to get married soon. He is currently does not have any legal documents since he entered the U.S. illegal a couple of years ago. He said he applied for permanent resident status through his mother who currently has a green card, but were not successful in obtaining any results. 

We are seeking advice as to see how we can approach the situation as to apply for a visa through the fiancé application K-1 or get marry and then apply through the spouse's visa K-3 or petition for alien relative. Which one would take longer? Does he have to return to his country to get the visa? Which would be the best route to obtaining and legalizing his status. I would greatly appreciate your feedback. 

Thank you, and your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

***** Email from Ana on 5/14/2017

Dear Sir,

I am very glad to find your website on green card application and I am sure it is very helpful for many people. I am writing this email to get your best suggestion for our situation.

My husband  and I are both US citizens. His father and stepmother and brother all live in Germany. His father is a German citizen and his stepmother is from Vietnam and the child was born in Germany. His father and stepmother were married. His father had a green card when he was married to my husband’s mother who is also a US citizen which expired approximately 3-4 years ago. 

My husband is wondering what it would take to get his father, stepmother, and brother green cards or visas which would allow them to work and live in the US. Is this even possible for him to get the whole family here or just his father? If he can get them here do you know what the timeframe is for this to take place? 

Any assistance or guidance you could give us would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

Have a great day.

***** Email from Ajay on 4/27/2017

Dear helpdesk:

Thank you very much for your help! We really appreciate the information you posted on the web site. It may have helped thousands of people like us. Thank you again for the good work!

I have sponsored my sister and her son is about to reach 21 years age. The case number at NVC shows status - Complete and sent to Mumbai office. The Mumbai consulate received all the documents (packet 4) and waiting for Priority date to become current within couple of month. 

Will my nephew be able to come with his parents even though he has attained the age of 21 at the time on actual interview? Will he be qualify for "Child Protection Act" or Mathematical Age count lock? Is there any grace period in his case since all the requirements (fees/documentation) were met prior to him becoming 21 years of age?

I would appreciate reply to this email at your earliest convenience.


***** Email from Emma on 4/13/2017

Dear Sir:

You have a great site here helping people with their questions. I have a question that I am wondering if you could answer for me: If someone applies for a green card through a sibling who is a US citizen, with a wait of about 10 - 11 years, would the applicant be able to apply for a tourist visa and would they be allowed to visit the US?

If you could answer this question I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your help.

***** Email from Asam on 4/5/2017


I want to buy your Complete Do-it-Yourself package for Citizen's spouse. I am married to a US citizen since last year, we live together. I resigned from my employer and relocate with her to her county within same state. I am on H-1B visa now I need to fill for change of status and employment permission.

Do I still need I-130? what does it take to do the process online through your site?

Urgent please. Thank you.

***** Email from Ning on 3/25/2017

Dear Sir/Madam:

I got the package. It is really great. 

I am a US citizen residing in SF bay area. I would like to file green card application for my mother (family-based immigration). who currently resides in Hong Kong (HK). I heard I can apply for her when she is in HK or she can come to US first on her tourist visa, and I can apply for her from US. My questions are:

1. what is the main difference to apply for her from HK or US?
2. What is the expected time needed? Is apply from US faster?
3. Is it true she cannot travel between HK and US while the application is in process.


***** Email from Elton on 3/10/2017

Dear Sir,

First of all, thank you so much for your time and DIY package. This is my situation:

I married my wife before she got her green card 2 years ago. I applied for I-130 and I-485 at the same time with family based immigration 2005 but my applications were returned, because I can not apply for I-130 and I-485 at the same time. So I sent I-130 only and it is still pending.

My questions is when I can apply for I-485? Do I have to wait until visa number is available? 

Thank you so much for your help.

***** Email from Wilson on 2/22/2017


I have got my green card which was sponsored by my parents, when I was 16 years old. Since then I’ve been out of the United States for a long periods of time, but been back for visits and business. My question is based on my case, can I apply for U.S. citizenship? And how long can I be out of the U.S. without losing my green card?

Thank you.

***** Email from Khaikine on 2/6/2017

Help Desk, 

I self applied for my green card that my wife sponsored, by using your package of Green Card Application for U.S. Citizen's Spouse. My wife is a US citizen. I received my advance parole, and work authorization, and approvals, other than the final I-485 which is pending background check clearance. 

Can I leave my job? If my H1B is cancelled, will I be out of status?

Thanks in advance.

***** Email from Jeong on 1/21/2017

Help Desk, 

My dad is a U.S. citizen and I am 28 years old. I am in the U.S. right now, and I entered U.S. with a student F-1 visa. My dad sent out my I-130 already. Now, I need to send the I-485 and the rest of the applications. I want to know:

1) How does an alien in the U.S. change F-1 visa status? 

2) How does an alien extend the period of F-1 time allowed to remain in the U.S.? 


***** Email from Shi on 1/11/2017

Help Desk, 

I had my I-485 interview and the officer said that he is approving my application sponsored by U.S. citizen husband, and only name check remains. My H1B visa will expire in May, and also my work authorization. I was planning on leaving my job to do a business start-up. Can I travel internationally, if so what valid visa will I be reentering the U.S.? 

Additionally, since we will be having international operations, I would like to hear if you work with corporate and start ups and arrangements. Thanks in advance.

Please let me know when you have a moment. 

***** Email from Burkard on 1/2/2017

Hi Sir,

Just a more questions. I'm filing I-130 for my wife from Brazil based your Do-It-Yourself package of U.S. Citizen's Spouse. She has a social security number, but it's in her maiden name. 

The process of changing her name on the card looks like it would be a long one. For one thing, it asks for a proof of her immigration to the U.S., which we won't have until the forms go through. Do you think it's better to just not include her SSN on the I-130 and G-325A?

Thank you in advance.

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com