Home  Do-It-Yourself Packages and Testimonials/Emails  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

Year 2013 - Emails from Customers for Questions
and Comments on Our Do-It-Yourself Packages and Services

***** Email from Neale on 12/18/2013

Dear Sir/Madam:

My friend referred to your website after his successful in getting I-130 approved by using your DIY package. 

I would like to get your help for my situation. I am a US Citizen (naturalized). I would like to bring my son who is 18 to the USA from England. Does he qualify for the immediate green card? 

Does he have to be in the UK when we apply? What is the delay/processing time?  If he is over here for an extended visit (on a 3 month visa waiver) can I apply for the Green Card without the need for him to return to the UK for the medical exam and Interview?


***** Email from Halls on 12/6/2013


I have read your  very helpful web site about family immigration.

I have the question: my fiancee and I obviously want to get married, but which is faster or better for that matter - to get married here and start the green card process or get married where he's from and I come back alone and start the process to get him here?

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

***** Email from Sula on 11/27/2013

Dear Help Desk:

Thank you for your quick response for my previous question. I have another question:  

If my Son is here in the US on a Visa Waiver form, can I apply for him to become a Green Card holder without requiring his return to the UK?  And if so, how long is the process from the form submission to Green Card being awarded?

I do plan to purchase your kit "Complete Do-It-Yourself Package of Green Card Application for U.S. Citizen's or Permanent Resident's Child", but I need some clarification on the above question first. 

Thank you.

***** Email from Quinn on 11/13/2013

Dear Sir,

Your web site are very helpful about immigration matters we have. Thank you in advance for your help. I am a F-1 student came to U. S. after getting married ,on an H-4 visa as a dependent with my husband. I shifted to F-1 visa after joining a university for my doctoral program.

Thereafter, my husband put my name on the GC petition as it reached the I-131 stage. We got our Biometrics (Fingerprinting) done and are in the Initial Review stage. I have a EAD based on the application with my spouse. I am facing emotional and mental harassment since marriage from the family members of my husband. He is threatening me saying that he will put me out of status because of the pressure from his family. I am in a very financial situation as my husband does not support me and I am not getting anymore funds from school this Fall.

I have few questions regarding my GC application. 1) Will my husband be able to pull my name of the GC application and put me out of status? 2) We were married in India and have a marriage certificate from India. But we did not register our marriage in USA. Can he divorce me in USA? If he can, does this have an impact on my GC petition? Is my I-485 independent and is an individual application like his I-485 application? 3) I have a patent and seven publications from India before I came to US for my PhD program and after I came to US I have published another publication during my doctoral program. On the basis of this can I file for a GC petition on my own under EB-1 category? 

I would greatly appreciate if you could answer my above concerns.

***** Email from Shila on 10/28/2013

Dear HelpDesk:

I found your web site and service is very helpful. 

My husband and I has planned to file I-130 and I-485 for adjust my visa status. We has been married in Yakima Washington for 7 years. For most of our marriage life, we has been living in Australia. We just recently come back to Yakima. He is not working right now, we has been living on our saving from Australia. I has entered USA by visa Waiver Program, and now my visa is expiring in 1 week. I had contacted USCI, and the officer told me, my husband need to have a job in USA in order to prove that he can supporting me...etc. 

We had both worked in Australia, and we do have documentations to prove how much we earned in Australia. However, the USCI officer told us, that won't count, because he need to be currently working, and proved that he earn over 18k a year in USA. He has been searching for works but not much going on in this stage.

We are worry about what if we apply both I-130 and I-845, and got rejected because he is not currently working and earn over 18K a year. There are no full time job around here and part-time don't even earn half if 18K. What will happen to me? Because I don't want to get deported and wont be able to come back for 10 years, and I don't want to leave the country every 3 months. 

Please help us, and tell us what can we do about our situation right now. I got my medical exam completed, the only thing which stopping us right now is HE GOT NO JOB.

We will be looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Your sincerely.

***** Email from Prinle on 10/19/2013

Dear Helpdesk

I am a US resident since 2011. My wife and children stayed behind in Europe. They are Swiss citizens. We got married in 2007. The first child was born in 2008 and the second in 2010, i.e. after the green card was granted. 

We are thinking about relocating everyone to the US. We would like to ask for you advice as to what forms and documentation needs to be provided. Can we submit the application through the US consulate in Bern? Do you have a rough idea of the time frame for the completion of the application process?

I also want to thank you for your very useful website! Looking forward to hearing from you

Best regards.

***** Email from Abhiy on 9/25/2013


I am considering to apply for Green Card using your Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for Parent. But I have several concerns and hope to get your advice.

I am a green card Holder but my Aunt is a US citizen. So, she can file for my Father's green-card. I know, that it will take may be 5-7 years to get the green-card. My question is, that if we file for their GC, will it be a problem for them to visit USA on visitor VISA during this time.

I do not want them to come here on B1/B2 and then over-stay till they get their Green card. Or, should, I wait for 4 years, get my citizenship and then apply for their GC. What do you think will be faster and better?

***** Email from Amika on 9/3/2013

Respected Sir,

I really appreciate your web site and your questions and answers postings. I have a question regarding immigration and would be really grateful if you can answer it.

I am an Indian working in US on H1B visa and now want to file Green card through my employer in EB3 category.

I know EB3 takes years (about 7-8 years) to process GC during which my H1B will get extended each year. During this long period if some emergency comes and I have to return back to my home country for an extended stay for maybe more than 6 months, what would be the status of my GC application?

Thanks in advance for helping me and helping all the others with their doubts.


***** Email from Kapil on 8/23/2013

Hi Help Desk:

I am planning to apply for my parents' green card soon and would like to order the DIY package. I am seeking some clarification of a couple of the items before ordering. 

Quick background. I'm from India. Came to the US in 2000. Received my citizenship in 2008. My parents still live in India. My parents visit pretty much every year, at least the last 4-5 years. I'd like to apply for their green card while they are in India.

1) What and how many packages do I need to order? 2) Approximately how long does the process take (typical process, ballpark estimate)? 3) Could they travel to the US, while it's in process (sort of reverse Advance Parole)?

I really appreciate your help.

***** Email from Shrivas on 8/8/2013

Helpdesk Sir:

I am considering to apply for Green Card using your Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for my I-485 application. But I have several concerns and hope to get your advice.

Three years ago, I married my wife when she was a Green Card holder. She sent form I-130 that was approved later (but there were/are no visa numbers available at present for the F2 category). Last year, I came to the US on a J-1 visa and I am still working on a J-1 visa in a US university. Last week she received her US citizenship. What is the fastest way for me to get my Green Card so we can finally live together and I can finally find a suitable job nearby (at the moment she is in CA and I am in KY)? 

What time frame are we looking at and will I have to go back to my home country (The Netherlands)? Will it be possible to use the already approved I-130 or does she have to file another one? When can we send the I-485 and I-765 forms to the USCIS? 

I would very much appreciate your input on these questions.

Thank you for your help.

***** Email from Stephen on 7/27/2013


I am a customer who has used your DIY packages in the past, which are very thorough. 

I was wondering if I could get some information on family based green cards. My sister, who is a US Citizen, is interested in sponsoring my parents, who live outside the country. Would it be possible to find out what is needed and the total time that getting the green card will take? At this point, we may not be ready to apply for the green card and would just like to gather some information.

Any assistance you can provide would be so helpful.

Thank you.

***** Email from Tony on 7/15/2013


I was reading your very informative site, trying to get a better idea of what is needed to get my future wife into the United States . She is currently a permanent resident of Israel . She will be visiting me next week and we will at that time go ahead and get married in the state of Nevada . I am however a resident of CA, and a US born citizen.

Your site informs me that the best process is the K-3 file, which is preceded by the I-130, which is preceded by the 1-129. In your Q&A section you refer to the K3 as being the most effective and time saving method, but in another section your site points out that it is often the I-130 that takes months for filing.

If I-130 Is needed for K3, how can I shorten the process time? Your help is greatly appreciated. I am certain, given the large investment already needed for filing, that I will retain your services or products if you are able to assist me.

Thank you.

***** Email from Vale on 6/27/2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have filled and submitted the I-130 (requesting a spousal visa) from Brasil and now are scheduled for a final interview in Rio de Janeiro next month. The Embassy sent an informational email on more documents to fill out. They also sent these instructions through the mail with a letter that is to be brought to the Embassy on the date of the interview. The DS-230 is one of the forms listed. The instructions for the DS-230 are conflicting to the instructions in the email we received from the Embassy in Rio. We are wondering if the DS-230 is a form that we need to fill out?? The instructions for the DS-230 say: 

"The American Consulate in Rio de Janeiro has received information that you have been registered to apply for a visa to immigrate to the United States. While no assurance can be given regarding the date of your visa interview appointment, you should now prepare for that appointment. You must obtain the documents required for your application for an immigrant visa." 

This says that the interview date will be made AFTER the Embassy receives the DS-230, but there is already in interview scheduled and we have only sent in the I-130. The instructions in the email that we received from the embassy say:

"The immigrant visa unit informs that your immigrant visa petition was approved and an instructions package with your interview date and necessary documents, was sent to the address provided on the petition. Do not send any forms to us, bring all requested documents on the date of your interview."

We would appreciate some clarification on this matter of the DS-230. Do we need to fill out the DS-230? If so, do we send it in before the interview or do we bring it in?

Thank you very much!

***** Email from Syed on 5/28/2013

Dear Helpdesk:

A friend gave me your outstanding web site address. I am a citizen of Pakistan and my father who is a permanent resident had applied for my green card as an unmarried son of 21 years or older category . I got married in September but today I received a letter from USCIS that I should appoint a attorney or an agent to start the process of green card. 

I am on a J1 visa and she is J2 . Have I lost the whole thing or something could be done. In addition I have a U.S. born son whom I do not want to take back because of situation back home. Please help me in this regard as I am very distressed.

***** Email from Junye on 4/13/2013

Dear HelpDesk,

Thank you fro your excellent web site. I am wondering if you would be able to help me out with this question.

I have a very complicated situation and I would like to ask you some information. I had a J1 with the 2 years rule (I worked as a researcher in a university). I came back last March (so it is almost a year), but in the meanwhile I got married to an American citizen. I will have another J1 sponsored by university starting in August (it is the only visa I can have, according to the 2 years rule) but I would like to apply for the green card. 

I know that I have to ask for the waiver of the 2 years rule, but I was wondering if in this particular case (marriage with American citizen) the process could be shorter/easier or different. Do you have any idea about how long this process will take? 

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Cordially yours.

***** Email from Naumov on 4/2/2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the service you provide. Your web site has always been a help to me. I have a question about my daughter's green card application. 

I am a permanent Resident Card holder for 5 years. I have one daughter who was born in 2001 is living in another country with her father. I would want she moves to US living with me to get better education. I have a good job and making decent money. I also had applied citizenship and were interviewed. But nothing has happened until now. 

What should I do to get my daughter immigrate to this great country? Please help me.

Best regards.

***** Email from Dong on 3/24/2013

Dear Sir:

I really appreciate your web site and your work. I am really impressed the way this site is designed to make the information related to immigration very clear and meaningful for alien interested to become a lawful permanent resident.

I need to know that to support the immigration relatives, what is the current amount of federal poverty line? and do the federal poverty guidelines change?

Also, I am going to apply by myself with the help of your package. But I know some USCIS centers are really slow and picky. Can I choose office or I have to go the office by location assigned.


***** Email from Jignesh on 3/19/2013

Family Green Card Service:

Your web site about family immigration is very helpful, and I am interested in ordering "Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for U.S. Citizen's Parent". However, I am still not quite sure whether I have the qualification. I was wondering if you can give me some suggestions.

I am a U.S. citizen and have been out of work for one year, can I sponsor my mother in her green card application? If I have a co-sponsor for my mother’s application, will the USCIS question my ability to support my mother who can not support herself?

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

***** Email from Ding on 3/2/2013

Dear Sir,

I appreciate your suggestion. Your advices are really professional and helpful for me to make sense to my green card application. Here I have one more question: what should I do if my baby is born abroad? and what documentation is required of a child born outside the U.S. of legal permanent residents? 

Thanks again for your kindness!

***** Email from Xiang on 2/27/2013

Dear Family Green Card,

I have looked at your site and see that people are satisfied with your service judging from the testimonials. I am looking forward to you helping me with my questions:

1) What is necessary for me to enter the U.S. to marry a U.S. citizen? 

2) Will my fiancee visa automatically change to a permanent resident card (green card)?

Thank you so much.   

***** Email from Mishra on 2/15/2013

Dear Sir,

I used your Do-It-Yourself Package of Green Card Application for U.S. Permanent Resident's Spouse, and got I-140 approved from the VSC for my wife. Now, I want to know:

1. What documents are required for the immigrant visa interview? 

2. What foreign service post handles approved immigrant visa petitions for persons who last resided in a country where there is no American consular representation? 

Thank you.

***** Email from Terrell on 2/2/2013

I bought your Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for K3 visa, and found it is very powerful. 

Now my wife will have a immigrant interview, and we need to make sure the questions like: how does an applicant obtain police certificates? How long is an immigrant visa valid? What if the applicant must delay arrival in the U.S.? 

Thank you for your time and help. I will really appreciate it.

Best regards,

***** Email from Reihosa on 1/18/2013

Dear Help Desk:

Your web site is very helpful in regard to questions about immigration matters. I got my green card one month ago based on an Employment-based Immigration the 2nd Preference (EB-2). 

Two months before my I-485 was approved, I went back to my home country and married my girlfriend. How can I bring her into the U.S.? and which package I need to order?

With Best Regards.

***** Email from Marcus on 1/4/2013


I bought the Complete Do-It-Yourself  Package for I-130 from your web site. I hope to continue to get your help. 

I'm a U.S. citizen, and filed an I-130 for my wife who is right now in her home country. However, the I-130 is pending. Can my spouse come to the U.S. to live while the visa petition is pending?

Thank you.

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com