Home  Do-It-Yourself Packages and Testimonials/Emails  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

Year 2012 - Emails from Customers for Questions
and Comments on Our Do-It-Yourself Packages and Services

***** Email from Mella on 12/26/2012

Dear Helpdesk:

My adult sister is in The Philippines. I am a naturalized U.S. citizen. I want to bring her here to live with my husband and me in our home and to obtain employment to better herself. 

I understand basically how to get started, but I'm not sure which forms will ultimately be required. My biggest concern is for our case what will be the total fees involved? I'd like to get her here as soon as possible too, are there different options? 

Thank you very much.

***** Email from Halls on 12/14/2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have just received my J-1 Waiver from USCIS and like to know what the next steps are for becoming a resident. My visa expires on June 30th. Which forms do I need to complete? I-485? I-765? In addition, I am getting married in May to a US Citizen, do I also need I-140 application? 

I am interested in purchasing your packages, just want to make certain I purchase the correct one.

Thank you in advance for you help.

***** Email from Kapal on 12/2/2012

Dear Sir,

I am 27 year old single physician, I will be working in the US next year. I have few questions. I will apply for the residency program in Internal medicine this year. Most hospitals ask for J1 visa. My mom will receive her green card within few months. 

  • Can my mom apply for an immigrant visa for me if I hold J1 visa? I mean can I change my status from J1 to immigrant visa if my mom applied for me?
  • Should I remain single before my mom can I apply to me or I can get married? 
  • Can I marry after my mom applies to me or I must remain single until I receive my immigrant visa?
  • How long does it take for me to receive an immigrant visa from my mom?

Thank you.

***** Email from Hui on 11/25/2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you fro your helpful web site. I will be going to visit my future wife in Indonesia the first week of July. While I am there I would like to get the necessary information and papers from her so that I may start the proves for a K3 visa for her. 

Please advise me which of your services you recommend and what information I should bring back with me.

I am also wondering if we should go ahead and get married while I am there on this visit or wait until I bring her to the USA?

Thank you very much!

***** Email from Sue on 11/19/2012


I'm writing on behalf of my boyfriend and I - I am a US citizen, born, raised, and residing in Michigan, and he lives in The Netherlands. We've known each other for quite a few months now and spend our days together through Skype webcam service. He recently spent 3 weeks here with me as a visitor to the US, during which we decided we'd like to spend our lives together.

Initially, we were counting on the promise of his employer (Staples Office Center) in the Netherlands to be able to do a transfer to a Staples here in the US, but upon beginning the process last week, we've learned that the transfer won't be possible after all, because the company can only make employment transfers within the country, and not internationally.

At this point, we're trying to find the fastest (even if it's not necessarily the easiest or cheapest) way to be able to live together here in the US. We've considered the K-1 Petition for Fiance visa option, but we don't want to have to live apart for the 5 to 12 month duration of processing for that. 

I'm planning to fly over and spend about 6 weeks with him in the Netherlands later this month, and we'd like to be able to fly back to the US together at the end of August, in order to start building our lives together. What is our best visa option to make this possible?

Any advice is definitely appreciated, and thank you very much in advance.


***** Email from Shella on 11/6/2012


My friend gave me your website and I found it very professional.. 

My fiance is another country. We've been researching different kinds of visas for employment, so that no matter how he was able to come into the country, he would be able to find a job shortly after arrival (since the nearest Staples has given their word that with his past work experience, if his interview went well, he would most likely be given a job there, "no question about it"). 

What is the fastest way to be eligible to work in the US, even if he has to do some sort of self-petition? I'm hoping you can help us by providing some information on the best visa option or method for our situation right now. From all that I've read, I'm assuming the fastest way to bring him back into the country would be on a non-immigrant visa, such as a visitor's visa (or the Visa Waiver Program, as he used for his recent visit here), but would he be able to interview (and possibly be hired) for a job with a non-immigrant visa?  

Or, if he came into the country on a non-immigrant visa or Visa Waiver Program, what are our options for changing his status while he is here? Would he be able to lengthen his stay, or would he be forced to leave at the end of the 90-day term?

Thank you.

***** Email from Quincy on 10/28/2012


I found your website while searching for information on what is involved in converting a J1 visa to a green card and eventual citizenship. 

We had an au pair several years ago. She was here through an au pair service on a J1 visa. She was here for 2 years. She acquired a social security number and California drivers license. She went back to Germany but really wants to become a citizen of the USA and live here permanently. She is back again from Germany on a J1 visa through the same au pair service. She may need to leave early (just came back within the past month) because she was accepted into the university in Germany to earn her BA degree in translating or something like that. 

I think there must be something she can to do begin the process of becoming a resident, even if she has to leave to finish her education. 

Where on your site should I be looking or can your service offer some direction? Thank you in advance for any assistance and guidance you can provide with this situation. 


***** Email from Dukgun on 10/14/2012


First of all, I want to thank you for your very useful website! I am studying here in USA in Engineering. I am on F-1 student visa. Now I am going to marry with U.S. green card holder girl. She is permanent resident here. She is not citizen of U.S. yet. 

So am I able to convert my visa status from F-1 to any other? If yes then which visa status will suitable for me? I have visited your web site also. I just want to change my visa status so I can work here. Please give me reply so I can contact for further process. And tell me our DO-It-Yourself package name also so I can order it from your web site.

Thank You. 

***** Email from Escobari on 10/8/2012

Dear Sir,

I went through article on your excellent Web site at http://www.greencardfamily.com/sibling.htm 

1) The alien brother or sister is already in the United States: the first scenario is that the alien brother or sister is already in the United States in a nonimmigrant status or parole. In this case, the U.S. citizen may file an immigration petition to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for the brother or sister first. 

The brother or sister has to wait for the immigrant visa number to become current before he or she may apply to adjust to permanent resident. During this waiting period, the brother or sister needs to independently maintain a valid nonimmigrant status. If a petition for a brother or sister has been approved, and the brother or sister is currently in the United States through a lawful admission or parole, he or her may file a Form I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status.

I am in US on H1B, non-immigration status with my wife. My elder sister is US citizen here. My Question is: Am I eligible for Change of Status? Am I eligible for Brother / Sister Immigration?

I thank you in advance for considering my situation.


***** Email from Gracias on 9/25/2012


I found your web site and service is very powerful and helpful. When I found this site made very happy that there is someone who helps me. So kindly assist me to fill up the form, I will be very grateful to you. I hope that you can answer my question.

I am an American citizen who has been living abroad for the past 15 years. I got married to a foreigner 2 years ago, and we had a child together, who is an American citizen. My husband and I are both physicians and we would like to settle in the United States in the near future. Is there any way that my husband would be able to go back with me and our child to the United States immediately? 

What process would I have to go through to have my husband come with me right away? or would I have to leave him behind for some time? He has a 10-year multiple entry visitor's visa to enter the U.S. I really hate the thought of my family being separated.

Thank you! 

***** Email from Muchas on 9/17/2012

Dear Helpdesk;

I came through your web site and I got interested in your service and do-it-yourself packages. I need some guidance about filing of my fiance. 

I have two sons who came with me here in the US. Unfortunately, my fiance was not able to come with us here in the US because I was petitioned as a single parent by my parents. 

The reason why I wrote is I want to know how I can petition the father of my kids, coz, we've been together for 15 years. We were only separated from him when we came here to the states. It was hard for all of us but we were hoping that America can give us a better future especially for my kids. 

My questions are, what do I need to do to petition him? And do I have to go there and marry him so I can petition him? How long would it take before he can come here? 

I will be waiting for your prompt reply, thank you very much and God Bless! 

***** Email from Santos on 9/2/2012

Help Desk:

I find your very informative web site when I search the Google! I am a US citizen. My fiancee is in the US attending school on an F1 student visa that still has 3-4 years left. We are having our wedding ceremony in her home country.

Will we have any problems with her re-entering the US? (And should we wait and make our wedding legal in the US after we get back to avoid this problem?) What forms will we need in order for her to get a green card, and how long does this usually take?

Should we make our wedding legal in India if we intend on returning frequently, possibly even retiring there in the distant future? Are there any concerns I haven't thought of?

Thank you so much for your help. You do a wonderful service.

***** Email from Tiwari on 8/26/2012

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have been looking at your website for 1 year, and it helps me to understand the USA immigration process. I am a question on which Do-It-Yourself Package I need to order. My situation is"

I have a green card (I got it from my family sponsor). I just got married in Jakarta (Indonesia). I have some question for you to ask. Would you like to help me with my problem, please? 

Can I (Green card) sponsor my wife, so she can be a US green card legally as well? After she get the petition, for how long she can stay in US? What kind of petition should I use?  If I can't fully support on finance, is it possible for me to get some joint sponsor from my relatives or from my wife relatives? 

What kind of document that i need to process my wife petition? How much minimum salary so I can be a sponsor for my wife? During the process can I come to Jakarta visiting my wife or she come visiting me, without delaying the processing time?

Thank you so much for your time. I will be glad you can solve my problem. Have a good day.

***** Email from Galva on 8/14/2012

Dear Help Desk,

Thank you for your great web site and very helpful service. I am currently pursuing my MFA in the US. I am in my 3rd year at college and my boyfriend and I wanted to marry at the end of the year.

I am on a F1 visa (it has expired) but I am still enrolled in college and have a valid I-20. If we get married soon, what paperwork do we have to file? What are the steps? Also, how long would it be before I could work? I hope you can help!

Please advise. Thanks.

**** Email from Alcantara on 8/3/2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

I found your web site extremely helpful. I am writing cause my husband is illegal here! We have been married for a little over 4 1/2 years, his mother is a resident here, also his older sister has a green card. His mother came to this country when the Indians in Guatemala were being persecuted! The thing is his mother never thought on filing her children. 

Now my husband is an outstanding person! He pays his taxes and all. We have gone to lawyers and we were approved on the I-795 form to start petitioning, but our lawyer at the time told us there is nothing we can do since my husband had came in without a visa and it doesn't matter that his mother is a resident! That is what she told us! But I do not understand since my husband came in 6 years ago and he is married with me a US citizen, why I see other people entering the country who have no relatives or spouses that are citizens or resident and they are receiving green cards and also some are becoming residents! 

So My question is what do I need to do to get this moving! We are expecting our first child soon, and I am feeling full of stress about this? So I really need some answers! Please email me as soon as possible!


**** Email from Garcia on 7/28/2012

Dear Sir,

My mother in law (WAS US CITIZEN) filed green card for my wife. My mother in law sent our marriage certificate to national visa center. Then our preference category became F3. Last year, my mother in law passed away just after a surgery.

Right now my wife has H1b visa and I have H4 visa. Yesterday we got a letter from NVC having the following wordings. The NVC has received notification that the petitioner of this case is now deceased. Unfortunately, the case must be withdrawn. As we will be returning this petition to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS- formerly known as INS), any further inquires should be directed to the CIS office where the petition was originally submitted.

In this context how can we get green card?

Thank you so much.

**** Email from Patricia on 7/14/2012

Dear Helpdesk,

You have a great web site here helping people with their questions. I have a question that I am wondering if you could answer for me. 

I am going to become a LPR soon and my bf came here but overstayed his tourist visa. Can I petition him to get a green card if we get married? If so, how long will it take and will he be able to stay in the US while we are waiting for his green card? He might also be able to get an employment visa, if he does will i be able to also petition him as my spouse? will any of the petitions cause conflicts if we put them in months apart?

Is it ok to have 2 petitions at one time (employer and family based)? What is the best way for him to get a green card?  We want him to stay here and be able to work while waiting for his green card. 

Thank you very much.

**** Email from Seung on 7/9/2012

Dear Sir:

I am really impressed with the immigration information available on your website, and your help extended to the people like us.

I am currently working under H1-B visa. My employment based I-485 (EB-3) is already submitted and pending for over 2 years, and it is still under initial review. I have already done the medical exam and Fingerprint (Biometrics Services). Now I’m getting married to a US citizen. 

How can I file a marriage based green card application while the other I-485 pending? What forms do I need to file?

Please help, thank you!

**** Email from Park on 6/26/2012


I visited your very information web site and great customer service. I am wondering if you would be able to help me out with this question. I am inquiring about how exactly to obtain an immigration visa. Me and my fiance have been together for about three years now and have finally made the decision to get married and live together. 

We have looked into the forms that are required and such, but nothing seems to pan together as to exactly how we are meant to do it. I am an American citizen, and he is an Australian citizen, and he plans to immigrate here. I understand that there is a "K-1" form, but I have also seen that there are others that we need to fill out? 

If you could possibly help by contacting back with the appropriate forms/processes that we need to undertake and possibly the time-frame, we would be most grateful.

Thank you.

**** Email from Dusan on 6/13/2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the service you provide. Your web site has always been a help to me. Thank you for your quick response! 

My sister is going to start the process in becoming a U.S. citizen (has been married for 4 years to a U.S. citizen). I was hoping I didn't have to go through the path of her petitioning my citizenship since I heard it takes a couple of years (especially for Mexican nationals). If she does petition for me, is there hope of a faster process since I'm already working in the U.S?

My employer won't budge in changing from TN so I'm going to start looking at other employers that are willing to.

Thanks again.

**** Email from Chen on 6/5/2012


I am a customer who has used your packages in the past, which are very thorough. I was wondering if I could get some information on family based green cards.

My sister, who is a US Citizen, is interested in sponsoring my parents, who live outside the country. Would it be possible to find out what is needed and the total time that getting the green card will take? At this point, we may not be ready to apply for the green card and would just like to gather some information.

Any assistance you can provide would be so helpful.

Thank you.

***** Email from Devdas on 5/27/2012

Dear Family Green Card Service:

Thanks for excellent site and helping people like myself. My mother had applied for my green card when she was a green card holder. At that time I was single and 30years old. The application was then approved by the USCIS and a letter was sent to her stating the same. After that we did now receive any correspondence from them.

I got married later and now have a 2 year old baby and we all live in India. My mother became a US citizen last year.

Last month she received a letter from the NVC stating that the application made on my behalf has arrived with them for processing and that she should inform them if there is a change of my address in India. If there is no change then, she should pay the Affidavit of Support fee in order for them to begin processing my petition.

I too received a letter from them asking if I wanted to change my agent in America. To which I wrote to them about my mother being my agent in America. I also have written to them about my marriage and child. She and I both received an email from them yesterday asking her to pay the $400 for the Visa Processing Fees.

Please advice what would the fate of my status now. 

Kind Regards.

***** Email from Jose on 5/13/2012

Help Desk: 

I have found your website very helpful. I would like to thank you for your wonderful service. I am an American citizen and resident. I am 21 years old. My mother currently resides outside US. She does not have American citizenship.

I have become aware of an option known as "family reunion". This would allow me and my mom to live together in the same country. What is the procedure needed or the forms I must fill out in order to obtain a green card for my mother on a family reunion basis?

Please let me know as soon as you can. Thank you so very much for your time and we really appreciate any advice that you have to give us.

***** Email from Chung on 5/8/2012


I have another question that I hope you can answer me. I am wanting to purchase a Do-It-Yourself package to applying for green card through marriage.

After marrying a US citizen in the US (not home country) when I apply for a permanent residence, am I allowed to work in any field while my case is still pending with the USCIS? If not, can I work in any field on a K-1 visa? And how can I work in any field if I married the US citizen in my home country? 

My current status is F-1 and working toward a science degree, and will continue with a business degree later on. Sorry for the long question. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

And what is the process to get a work permit (EAD)? As a student can I get EAD? or is it the same as OPT card that we apply for? According to the OPT restrictions I need to work in the science field only since I will have a science degree. But if my case is pending with USCIS I can work in any field or even be self-employed in a field other that what I studied right?

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Of course I will be buying you complete do-it-yourself package very soon. Thanks again!

***** Email from Rocha on 4/27/2012

Dear Sir:

I want to express my sincere thanks for your previous answer for my previous question. I live in Canada. My father, who is Canadian, was working in USA in the past. Today, he still receive money because is retirement.

He received a Green Card without an expiration date long time ago. I heard that kind of green card is still valid. But, does he need to renew his card? And if his card is still valid, can I apply for a green card? I heard I can apply for a US green card be cause my father as one. 

I would like to inform you that we plan to buy a house in USA, that is the purpose to apply for the green card.

Thank You.

***** Email from Zhan on 4/14/2012


Dealing with the immigration issue is the big pain, hopefully you are more helpful.

I am about to get married to a US citizen and I want to know if can start working immediately since I will already have an available Visa number (while my application is in the process of approval by USCIS). Also, can I still get a work permit even though my OPT expired a year ago but I worked for more than 180 days after it expired?

I am looking forward for your kind reply before I make a purchasing order for your Green Card package.  Thank you.

With regards.

***** Email from Acharya on 4/3/2012

Good Morning,

Many thanks for your great support for US Green Card petitions.

I just have a few questions pertaining to a case filed for my mother. My aunt filed for my mom, dad, my sister, myself and my brother several years ago. My mother, father and brother was successful, but not my sister and I, we are both unmarried and have two children each.

When it was time to make payments for our documents, my aunt said the office she dealt with told her my sister and I were over age, I just want to know if this was possible since our documents were submitted when we were children. Could you please explain the sister to sister and family process to me and what could my sister and I do to rectify this , if there is anything we can do.

Thanks a lot.

***** Email from Frank on 3/28/2012

Dear HelpDesk:

I am sorry if my question is redundant to the many FAQ's you have on your outstanding web site, however when I would check out the kit thinking I knew exactly which kit to order, I again became confused. 

For background, I am a natural born citizen of the US since birth. I applied for the fiancee visa for my fiancee to be able to come to the US. Her arrival is in two weeks and our expected wedding day in October 24th (within the 90 day requirement). My question is which kit do I need to order to apply for her green card with those circumstances on becoming my spouse? 

I thought it was the I-485, but then the kits I clicked on seemed to be more for the initial k-1 visa instead. Do your kits also talk about any other requirements such as when she should file for SSN, and if she decides to work part time or full time in the future what she will need to do? 

Thanks for your time.

***** Email from Hendricks on 3/15/2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

My brother was previously approved an immigrant visa, but was not able to use it because he had to take care of my 80 year old mother. 

We had re-petitioned, and he was approved with no visa number attached. Question: Is he on a standby for allocation of quota from the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines, or is he getting processed based on a 1997 approval and would not have to wait for an allocation of quota?

Truly appreciate any clarity you can provide and if you can, request referral to certain statutes related to his unique situation. 

Thanks for your help.

***** Email from Xu on 3/6/2012

Hi helpdesk,

A friend of mine gave me your outstanding web site address. I am permanent US resident. I filed for my wife and her case (I-130) is approved last month. Right now she is living in US and she is on H1 visa and in legal status. so I think she is eligible for AOS (Form I-485). I know we can only file AOS once visa priority date becomes current. Do you have any idea how long will it take to file after I-130 is approved?

Her priority date is about 3 years ago. I heard USCIS only approve case when your date is about to become current (may be 6/8 months) is it true? What you think the way F2A category is going forward??? do you have any idea how long it take to become her priority date becomes current?

Thanks for your time to read my email, and waiting for your reply.

***** Email from Yuan on 2/18/2012

Dear Sir:

My friend gave me the reference to your website and I found it very professional and informative. I married my wife when she was a Green Card holder, and then she sent form I-130 that was approved (but there were/are no visa numbers available at present for the F2 category).

Last year, I came to the US on a J-1 visa and I am still working on a J-1 visa in a US university. Last week she received her US citizenship. What is the fastest way for me to get my Green Card so we can finally live together and I can finally find a suitable job nearby (at the moment she is in CA and I am in KY)? 

What time frame are we looking at and will I have to go back to my home country (The Netherlands)? Will it be possible to use the already approved I-130 or does she have to file another one? When can we send the I-485 and I-765 forms to the USCIS? 

Thank you very much.

***** Email from Susan on 2/11/2012

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you very much for your answer of my previous question.

Our problem is that we haven’t applied a green card for my husband. His H1B will expire next year (already reached the max time allowance for H1B). With this economy situation, we have very little hope to apply for his green card through his firm.

Therefore we were thinking of purchase the “do it your self” application from your website and try applying for my husband a green card through me.

Once we apply for him through me (his wife – green card holder only), can he still work in the US and travel in/out of the country while his application is pending and especially if his H1B visa already expired?

Thank you very much for your help.

***** Email from Ren on 2/3/2012

Family Green Card Service,

I  would like to purchase your Complete Do-It-Yourself package for my brother. My brother is studying here in USA in the course nursing. He is on F-1 student visa. Now he is going to marry with U.S. green card holder girl. She is permanent resident here. She is not citizen of U.S. yet. 

So is my brother can get green card by marry with her? is he able to get green card on PERMANENT RESIDENT'S SPOUSE application? I have read about this on your web site. Is my brother able to convert his F-1 visa to permanent resident as early as possible? If yes then how long it will take to get green card? 

Please give me reply so I can contact for further process. And tell me package name also so I can order it from your web site.

Thanking You.

***** Email from Foth on 1/24/2012


I hope you can help, as I am very stressed about this now.

My mom which is a permanent resident has applied for a green card for my sister three years ago when she was under 21. Our lawyer said that my sister can not get green card automatically since I petitioned for my parents. 

At this point she is on a student visa waiting for her green card to be approved and the last person in our family that is not having a green card. Is there any way that we can expedite the process for her, knowing that she just turned 21! My parents are under a lot of stress paying for her non resident tuition at UCLA right now and financially they can not afford it any more. UCLA did not consider her a permanent resident either since there is no approval yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Could petitioning with our representatives help her case in any ways?

Best regards,

**** Email from Junye on 1/15/2012

Dear HelpDesk,

Thank you fro your excellent web site. I am wondering if you would be able to help me out with this question.

I have a very complicated situation and I would like to ask you some information. I had a J1 with the 2 years rule (I worked as a researcher in a university). I came back last March (so it is almost a year), but in the meanwhile I got married to an American citizen. I will have another J1 sponsored by university starting in August (it is the only visa I can have, according to the 2 years rule) but I would like to apply for the green card. 

I know that I have to ask for the waiver of the 2 years rule, but I was wondering if in this particular case (marriage with American citizen) the process could be shorter/easier or different. Do you have any idea about how long this process will take? 

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Cordially yours.

**** Email from Naumov on 1/3/2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the service you provide. Your web site has always been a help to me. I have a question about my daughter's green card application. 

I am a permanent Resident Card holder for 5 years. I have one daughter who was born in 2001 is living in another country with her father. I would want she moves to US living with me to get better education. I have a good job and making decent money. I also had applied citizenship and were interviewed. But nothing has happened until now. 

What should I do to get my daughter immigrate to this great country? Please help me.

Best regards.

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com