Home  Questions and Answers for Family Immigration  |   Facebook  Twitter

How Can My Fiancé Get a Fiancé Visa to Enter U.S.?


How can my fiancé get a fiancé visa to enter U.S.? and will my spouse become a U.S. citizen automatically?


A fiancé visa grants permission to a foreign alien who is engaged to marry a U.S. citizen to enter U.S. for getting married inside United States. For your fiancé to get a fiancé visa to enter United States, you will need to file a petition using Form I-129F with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

If the Form I-129F petition is approved, it will then be forwarded to the U.S. consulate in the fiancé's home country for review.  The review process could take several months. An personal interview with the alien applicant will be scheduled to take place at the consulate.

If the visa interview process goes well, the K-1 fiance visa will be issued to the alien applicant. Once the fiancé visa is issued, the alien immigrant has 6 months time period to enter United States, and then another 90 days for the alien  fiancé to get married inside United States. If possible, It it best to get married early in stay if the alien fiancé wishes to apply to adjust status inside United States to get a U.S. green card.

An immigrant who marries a U.S. citizen must apply for U.S. green card. This process includes many USCIS forms and documents. The green card application can be refused, because of a medical problem, criminal history, past immigration violations, or the U.S. immigration authorities' belief that the marriage is a fraud to get a green card.

After successfully obtaining a U.S. green card, the immigrant spouse can apply for U.S. citizenship, after 3 years as a U.S. permanent resident, assuming that the alien spouse still married and living together when the immigrant applies.




For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com