Home  Questions and Answers for Family Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

Form DS-160 for both K-1/K-2 Visa Application and K-3/K-4 Visa Applications


What are the recent change for the K visa application form? We were told that we can not use the form DS-156K Nonimmigrant Fiance Visa Application for K1 visa application. What form should we use now?


Currently, U.S. Department of State has a transition to Form DS-160 for all K visa applications. U.S. Department of State now uses the form DS-160 for both K1/K2 visa applications and K3/K4 visa applications. After October 7, 2013, all K visa applicants are required to fill the DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. 

Now, the DS-160 replaces the following previous forms:

  • DS-156 Electronic Visa Application form (EVAF);

  • DS-156K Nonimmigrant Fiance Visa Application form;

  • DS-230 Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (parts I and II) for processing K-1 and K-2 nonimmigrant visa (NIV) applications. 

  • Department of State will also no longer accept DS-260 Immigrant Visa Electronic Application forms for K visa applications.




For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com