Home  Questions and Answers for Family Immigration  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter

How to File the Financial Sponsorship for His Green Card Application


I am a U.S. citizen, and my boy friend is from Nepal. He came here as a tourist and stayed illegal now for 11 months. We would like to get married in New York City soon. I want to know how to file the financial sponsorship for his Green Card application. Thank you.


Because you are a U.S. citizen, and your boy friend was inspected by the USCIS when he entered the U.S., he will be eligible to process his Green Cad application inside U.S. once you are married. 

A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident can be the Sponsor of a family based immigration petition. However, the Sponsor has to meet some requirements and legal obligations. The Sponsor has to execute a legally binding affidavit of support for the beneficiary, in which the Sponsor guarantees to maintain the standard of living of the intending immigrant at a level not lower than 125% of the national poverty level. This obligation continues until the beneficiary has become a U.S. citizen, or has worked in the United States for 40 qualifying quarters.




For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
 © Family Green Card Application Service, www.greencardfamily.com